5.21.2013

Review: SUPER BLACK Lacquers - Whip



I have been saving the best for last of my SUPER BLACK Lacquers' review set.  It is a wicked black holographic nail polish called Whip.


Natalie Dee did an amazing job on these nail polishes.  The size on all of the SUPER BLACK Lacquers' nail polishes is 18ml.  Not to mention they are all 4-Free which means there is no Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, and Formaldehyde resin.  SBL is completely formulated, mixed, and bottled all by hand.

Whip is simply awh-maze-balls in different lighting and angles.  With low lighting it comes off as a sort of off black/charcoal shimmery goodness.  In sunlight or natural lighting, it shines off this holo gorgeousness that catches almost every color of the rainbow.

The above animated picture was taken indoors next to my window.


Whip glided on very smoothly and dried rather quickly.  In order to obtain opacity 2 to 3 coats do it for me. These are very eye catching and simply an amazing charcoal shaded holo.

What is amazing about SBL's holo polishes is that you could wear it without a top coat and it will still be chipped resistant!


I decided to combine it with another SUPER BLACK Lacquers' holo polish Lombard.  My ring finger is Color Club Cherubic.  I did not wear any top coat over these at all, and they did not chip after 3 days.  By the third day I wanted to do some nail art work.  But these stood up against washing dishes, opening up packages, etc.  I was super pleased with it, not to mention amazingly eye catching.

SUPER BLACK Lacquers' nail polish all stand at a steady price of $12 each.  ND also offers box sets of three or five polishes.  Make sure if you are interested in grabbing her holos, do it fast.  At the moment, SBL announced that there are only a few bottles of Whip left and will not be restocked til August!  That is a long ass time away!  So get on it!


To follow what is going on with SUPER BLACK Lacquer you could check them out on:

Have you picked up one of the SUPER BLACK Lacquers yet?  What do you think of Whip?

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!