12.10.2012

Another FiS on lipsticks OPPS!

Well recently I read on Gianna's blog, also known as Nouveau Cheap, that CVS was having a clearance sale on selected products.  You could see her list: here.  I noticed that Milani Cosmetics' lipsticks and Revlon ColorBurst lipstick were all 75% off.  I knew I had to get some that caught my eye.  So once again my FiS session continues with lipsticks.  

I didn't pick up that many since I wasn't really feeling some of the colors, or the other lipsticks were all disgusting looking.  What I mean by disgusting looking is, used basically.  Where the lipstick would be all smudged up on the sides etc.  ICK!  Who wants that right?  It seriously bothers me when some people do that.  Just ugh look up swatches on your phone or at home before you buy something really.  If there is no tester DON'T OPEN IT!  This is why I always sanitize my lipsticks when I buy them.  Even if its still brand new, I do it anyways.  It has become a habit to do so.  Better safe than sorry.




I never had lipsticks from Revlon since I always see them as a product my mom would use.  It always screamed "old people" for me.  No offense!  So I never really look at their products til recently.  When I saw that the Revlon ColorBurst lipsticks were 75% off, I wanted to try them out.


I only picked out three that caught my eye.  There were two other ones but they were badly mangled up.  The shades I picked were Candy Pink, Fuchsia, and True Red.  These were $2.62 each during the 75% off clearance.  These lipsticks are infused with moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as Sweet Almond Oil to improve your lip texture and to prevent it from drying.  So you'll need to blot your first layer if you want these to last longer.  You could build up with these as well.  The Elasticolor technology that they used on this is supposed to give you that burst of color with a feather light feel like a second skin.


090 True Red is a true red color indeed with a blue undertone.


030 Fuchsia is a vibrant cool pink that has blue shimmer within it.


008 Candy Pink is a light pink that has a blue based.  I found this very sheer but it is build-able.  I was expecting this to be a tad brighter and not sheer.

L to R: True Red - Fuchsia - Candy Pink

I found that the True Red and Fuchsia were more worth it to me than the Candy Pink, which is still a lovely thing since you could build up but still.  They glided on very nicely, but using a brush to apply it seems better.


I love the packaging of these lipsticks though!  Unlike the typical black slick look they had a quilted fishnet criss cross design on two sides of the lipstick.  To me it looks like something I would usually see on a medium/high-end brand of lipstick.  Not to mention the engraved REVLON upon the lipstick itself.  Just super elegant looking to me.


The only lippies I had from Milani was their Crystal Gloss and Haute Flash lipgloss.  So I knew I had to try out their lipstick since it was 75% off.  I ended up getting two of their HD Advanced Lip Color and six of their Color Perfect lipsticks.  The HD were for $2.62 each, and the Color Perfect were $1.62 each.

These HD Advanced Lip Color are a 3-in-1 lip color which nourishes, hydrates, and delivers a sheer wash of color which has clarity and a perfect radiant shine.  I found these to be very moisturizing indeed.  The shades I picked were Vivacious Fuchsia and Ignition.  These are on the sheer side, which allows it to be not so overwhelming since you could always build upon the product.  They have this watermelon candy sort of scent on it, which could be a bit overwhelming if you are sensitive to smell.


112 Vivacious Fuchsia is a bright vibrant fuchsia.  It contains some shimmer in it.


113 Ignition seems to be a coral red that is a bit lighter, and has a shimmer within it as well.

The Color Perfect lipsticks are not matte what so ever, which doesn't really bother me.  I found these to be opaque and glided on easy.  The only downfall I had with them is that they were not sealed and that it has a lipsticky sort of scent.  When applying it upon my lips it did give that lipsticky waxy sort of texture with some of them, which did bother me a bit.  The shades that I picked were Red Label, Rose Hip, Pink Passion, Pink Love, Orange-gina, and Barely There.  They were $1.62 a piece during the clearance sale.  The lipsticks were either creamy finish or had a more frosty sort of finish to me.


54 Red Label is a bright red creme.

 

07 Rose Hip is a bright intense pink that leans towards fuchsia.


51 Pink Passion is a pink that has a purple undertone.  Think rose pink.  This has a frosted finish upon it.


52 Pink Love looks almost like Pink Passion but more of a creamy finish and some shimmer to it and light pink.


24 Orange-gina is a frosted finish lipstick that has a darkened orange shade and some goldish shimmer in it.


53 Barely There is a creamy finish of soft pink nude-ish shade.


Overall I was pleased with the lipsticks I grabbed from Milani, which makes me want to grab more shades from them.  I love how smooth these glided on and that some of them were able to build up on.

What is your favorite lipsticks from Milani Cosmetics and Revlon?  Did you pick up anything from the CVS Clearance sale that is still going on?  Do you follow G's blog?

Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!