11.06.2012

Review: Wet n Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow Collection - Drinking a Glass of Shine

Today I have a review to show you of Wet n Wild's ColorIcon Eyeshadow Collection in Drinking a Glass of Shine.  My Walgreens had finally put up limited edition palettes from Wet n Wild.


I decided to buy the re-released "I heart Matte" palette which has been re-named as "Drinking a Glass of Shine" since the shops around me never had them.  So I was happy to see this, and knew I had to buy it or I'll end up regretting it lol.


The palette comes with eight pans to achieve several different looks. I like how half of it is colorful while the other half is neutral.  A wonderful palette to bring along for a short trip.  It comes with a sponge tip applicator on one side, and the other side of the applicator has a brush.  I never use the applicators that come with palettes, so I could not give you a statement of how I feel on it.
This palette has become my favorite palette for October.  This might scare those off who are not familiar with makeup that much, but do not fret dear.

On the back they were kind enough to list some examples of how to wear the products.  From a nice simple look using just one eyeshadow to a more intense sort of look.  

This palette was listed as an all matte palette by people, but if you look at the pans closely, you could see the little sparkles in the bottom four pans.  Despite it being there, you do get an intense shimmery sort of look from it.  I find it to be matte with a very small sheen to it.

Direct Sunlight
Under white light
Sorry for the showing white next to some of the swatches.  These were done over NYX eyeshadow base white.  

I found these nicely pigmented for the price of $4.99 a palette.  Just wow seriously!  Though some would just use one side for a look you could actually mix these up.  Be creative.  Experiment!  Have fun with it.  

These were powdery but smooth.  There was minor fallouts but it doesn't bother me since it is not massive.  I would suggest a good primer and base when wearing these.  If not you won't get that great of a pigmentation.

Here are some looks I did with these:
Using right side of neutrals

Using left side of colorful

I decided to mix this look up a bit using the purple definer the beige eyelid and the black definer.
I used the beige eyelid, Cuicu Coral Orange, and the purple for this one.


Eyeliners:  Yanqina Waterproof Big Eye Eyeliner & Sephora Collection Smoky Kohl Eyeliner Keep Black
Mascara:  Maybelline Mega Volum' Plushy Very Black

For the Yanqina eyeliner and Cuicu eyeshadow, I got them from KKCenterHk.  Use the code "justtisems" to get a 10% off!

Overall I am very impressed with this palette from Wet n Wild and glad I picked it up.  You could achieve so many looks with it, and for $4.99 only just simply wonderful!  

What was your favorite palette for October?  Did you buy something that you were not expecting it to be so wonderful?

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I hope you have a wonderful day!