11.13.2012

Nail Art & Acetone? Why not?!

So this week I used acetone (nail polish remover) to manipulate the nail polish upon my hands.  I finally got around to doing the acetone watercolor nails that I has been on my list for awhile now, and revisited my acid grunge nails as well.

If you are unsure what watercolor nails using nail polish remover is, you could watch a quick tutorial of it: CLICKIE

At first I knew I wanted to do acid grunge nails for sure, but I wasn't sure what colors to use for the watercolor ones.  I kept looking at my nail polishes switching back and forth.  I eventually came to terms and went "K neon polishes it is!"


What Nail Polishes I Used:

  • Orly Bonder for base coat
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
  • Orly Nails for Males (their version of matte)
  • Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer - Black Swift
  • Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquer - Yellow Whiz
  • Color Club - Limelight
  • Nabi - Mazarine
  • Sinful Colors - Summer Peach
  • Sinful Colors - Neon Melon
  • Sinful Colors - Dream On
  • Sinful Colors - Pink 871
  • NYC New York Color - Pink Promenade Creme
  • China Glaze Aquadelic

I love this technique really since it is easy to do.  I sealed up my base color first so that way it would help out a bit when I begin to use the nail polish remover to remove some of it.  That way you have a less likely hood of becoming acetone happy (where you go down to bare nails).  

Have you done a nail look using nail polish remover before?  

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!