11.20.2012

Review: BornPrettyStore 12 Colors 3D Steel Ball Caviar Manicure Glitter Nail Art Decoration

Today I have a review to share with you, a product from BornPrettyStore, a 12 Colors 3D Steel Ball Caviar Manicure Glitter Nail Art Decoration.  If you have not heard of BPS yet, you are really missing out.  They offer items from nail art to make-up to even items for your bicycle.  Did I mention it's all free shipping worldwide?  Their prices are cheap even!  So make sure to check them out, if you have not done so already.


How colorful does that look all sitting there together?  You get twelve different colors that are inside these little jars for just $5.41!  Such a great deal really instead of buying one huge jar at a craft store of just one color.  


The colors you get are random though.  So don't expect to get the same exact colors as I did or that they have pictured on their sites.  I really didn't mind that issue at all since they're all still very colorful and easy to use.


I love how a black came in my set.  I always found anything black - microbeads, studs, flocking powder, etc. to be classy and elegant.  So it was nice to see that my set included it. 


Some of the jars were a bit hard to unscrew assuming from the manufacturer, but I was able to get them open.  After that it was easy-peasy to open up.  Since it states steel balls they were more of a metallic sheen to them not plastic like.  As I was staring at the beads so many ideas came to my head on what to do with these, but I decided to do the fish egg/caviar mani instead.

I ended up picking just five colors that had instantly caught my eye as I opened up the package.


I seriously loved the shade on the middle finger!

I didn't have color bleeding issue with these.  I also tested wiping a clear polish over it to see if it would bleed or come off, and they didn't.  Each jar weighs about 8g, and you could do several looks with it.  You do not really have to do caviar nails with them at all.

The best way to explain how to apply steel balls caviar to your nails is:


  • Paint your nails in a matching color to the steel balls that you decided to pick.  Make sure it is completely opaque before moving on.
  • You will be working on one nail at a time from here on out.  Paint one nail again with the polish you used for your base.  Pour the steel balls over your freshly wet nails.  Make sure your coat of polish is thick and not thin at all, and the beads cover your entire nail.  
  • Once fully covered tap gently to compact the microbeads on your nail.
  • Allow your nails to dry completely for about 20 minutes.  And you're done!


Make sure you have a little catching system for the balls that might fall off your nail.  I use a little plastic tray that I have that use to hold some false lashes.

The cost like I said is seriously cheap just for $5.41 for twelve different colors of steel ball caviar set.  Not to mention you could use my code "LARJ61" to get a 10% off.


So make sure to check out BornPrettyStore when you can!

Have you done a caviar/fish egg mani yet?  How do you feel about these sort of nails (fish eggs/flocking/feathers etc.)?

I hope you have a wonderful day, and thank you for stopping into my blog.