8.20.2012

My Birchbox for August 2012

The August Birchbox was focused on beauty supply for heading back to school.  That will hopefully help you all "semester" long.
Call us nerdy, but we still get nostalgic about the start of a new school year, with its promise of a fresh start…and of course the excuse to stock up on fresh supplies. That’s why we’re so excited to bring you this month’s Beauty School Birchbox, with samples and content that will help prepare you for the coming season. - Mollie (editor at Birchbox)
Before I go on about this box I would like to discuss a matter upon Birchbox.  Remember that it's a hit or miss situation where they portray the choices of goodies they make on your profile.  If you received a box of items that you do not want, simply adjust your profile picks.
There are questions that they will ask you, and you simply have to choose which one complies with your liking.  Remember to press CTRL if it is more than one (if allowed to do so).  Ever since I got my first box I did not like and adjusted my profile choices, I ended up receiving boxes that I was pleased with.  But remember there will be times where you will receive an item or two that you're not fond of.  Remember its a chance, and they are just trying to open your eyes up to new ideas.  Once you start receiving a box that you really enjoy keep your profile as is.  May help for those having issues with the box.

Back to the August Birchbox!


This month they have decided to team up with Pencils of Promise to help build a school in Guatemala.  For the rest of this month, 15% of proceeds from the sales obtained in the Birchbox Shop will go to Pencils of Promise!  How awesome is that?
This box came with a little pamphlet titled "Beauty School," which gave tips basically on what some brushes are used for to fast way to a speedy skin care.
 

The items I got in this box were pretty interesting, and a lot of them were new to me.
Of course I was familiar with Schick and Juicy Couture, but the other three were new to me.
The Schick Hydro Silk razor, is basically like any other Schick razors that they already have.  I was suppose to buy refills anyway so what better than just getting a new razor.  It also came with coupons!  One for $4 off on refills and another $0.55 off Skintimate gel.
I had seen Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy La Fleur when I was shopping at Ulta, and was thinking about getting it.  It was a good thing they had sent me this as a sample because it made my decision even clearer.  It's more on the softer side of Viva La Juicy.  It contains sparkling mandarin, wild berries, dewy honeysuckle and soft jasmine.  It has a light sweet scent to it.
I have heard of Noir cosmetics before but do not own any of their products.  As I saw the eyeliner it caught my attention because it was a black eyeliner.  I have not tested the long lasting situation yet of it.  As soon as I do, I will let you know what I think.  My only issue of it at the moment is that it isn't as black as I was hoping it to be.
Noir - Forever Noir
DDF Brightening Cleanser was a new brand to me as well.  So far I have only tried it once, so I won't be able to tell you the results right away.  The smell of it reminds me of black licorice, something that I am not fond of at all.  It states on the back that if it causes skin irritation use it only once a day.  I am sorry but if something irritates your skin, I suggest you not to use it again!

Oscar Blandi Smoothing Conditioner I have only tried it once.  It has a jasmine flower scent to it, and that could be overwhelming to those with sensitive noses like mine.  It is suppose to nourish and hydrate your hair without making it field weigh down.  So I'll know within a week how this conditioner really is for me.  Though $22 for a full size is pretty OMG for me.

So there you have it the items I got for this month.  What was your favorite item from your box?