7.28.2012

Into the Influenster Summer VoxBox Abyss!

I mentioned this box awhile ago, so I decided to take a closer look into the wonderful Summer VoxBox from the company Influenster.  For details of what Influenster is you could check my previous post HERE.
After testing out the goodies I got for review, I realized that the VoxBox was still a great thing to get especially since it was free.
When my husband handed me the package when we were in the car, I quickly opened it, and was surprised by everything that was inside.  Above is a picture of when I opened it during my car ride.

**All products were received for testing and review purposes.
The first thing that had caught my eye was the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color.  I have been wanting to get one to try it out, but I always passed it up.  Upon seeing it inside the VoxBox "Win!"   
On the top of the bottle's cap there is a magnet attached with a ridge to rest upon your cuticle, so in that way it could help keep the cap steady.  Average price is $8.99

The process of application is fairly easy:

  1. Apply your favorite base coat to your nails.  Allowing it to dry to touch.
  2. Apply one layer of the magnetic polish and allow to dry completely.
  3. Next apply a second layer of magnetic polish, but make this much more thicker.  Quickly place the magnet over your nail bed allowing the ridge to rest upon your cuticle.
  4. Leave it there for at least 10 seconds.
  5. Repeat Steps 2 to 4 for the rest of your nails.  Make sure to work on one finger one at a time.
  6. Allow it to fully dry before applying a top coat.
The shade that I had obtained was Graphite, which is basically a black.
As you could see from my above picture, I am still trying to get a hang of it.  It's honestly a hit and miss situation where it would work or it won't work that great.  You have to work quickly after you put on that second layer.  But when it does actually come out right, it looks really nice!  It will take awhile to dry, due to the thick second coat, so make sure you allow it to fully dry.  Another downside is that there might be some difficulty manipulating the polish upon your thumb since it doesn't seem all wide nail bed friendly really.  
But other than that I was surprised with this magnetic polish.

As I began reading the card that it had came with, describing what I had received, my husband caught eye of the Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread.  He asked if we could snack on it, and I told him sure of course.  I will be honest here, I am not really fond of bananas at all, but I still took a shot to try it out.
**Image taken from http://www.quakeroats.com
Sadly I did not have a close up picture of this item.  It did not survive the trip at all haha.  The soft baked bar is made from real bananas and almonds.  It has key ingredients that will help fuel the start to your day.  I ate half of the bar and my husband ate the other half.  We both then began discussing the product.  It indeed does taste like a banana nut bread, but reminded us more of a banana nut muffin.  It has a really nutty taste to it, and I would suggest if you do eat this, have a drink on hand.  They are soft and moist, but with all the almonds within it all the munching makes you a bit parch.  If you do love banana, especially banana nut bread and need an on the go treat this is for you!  Average price $3.29 box

I then grabbed the Sally Hansen Nails and Cuticles Hand Creme to try out.  I normally carry lotion in my purse and I am not into heavy scented lotions.  It is made with shea butter, and is devised to soften hands, smooth cuticles and condition your nails in the process.  It is suppose to last up to 24 hours and last through washing your hands. 
The scent is very light and does not give that greasy feeling that most hand cremes or lotions would some times give.  It does moisturize your hand for a long length of time, but it does go away after several washes.  Though it is really wonderful because I could go a few hours without needing to reapply any lotion to my hands to keep it from being dry.  The scent is of a very light citrus lemony scent.  Not overwhelming what so ever.  Average price $5.99 for full size bottle.  Though at Target I saw it for $7 sum!
 
The next item that caught my eye was the Tampax and Always Radiant Collection, in which hubs then snickered and asked "Did they know you're on your period?"  I quickly snapped back "haha jokes on you!  I am two weeks late!"  His facial expression after that...PRICELESS haha!  But no no I was only messing with him lol  Either way it'll come in handy!
I actually love the little pouch it came with.  Simply passes for a to go make-up bag haha.  After awhile I eventually did get visited by Aunt Flow and tried out some of the products.  I was actually more surprised with the tampons that I ended up buying a box!
Currently the Radiant collections come with extra pads/tampons, or with a carrying case for it.  I think my favorite part of these new tampons are the fact that it's super easy to open, and not to mention so loud that the next door neighbor could hear the rustling from the plastic.  
It has an adhesive on the tab.  So that way easy to put back into the package seal it up and toss it away.  My new favorite tampons!  As for the thin pads that it came with, they were actually so and so for me.  Prices vary per box.

Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy - Shampoo, and Conditioner was something that I have been wanting to try, and not to mention I was on a search for a new product to try out.  The line is to help nourish the scalp, and create the perfect foundation for strong, beautiful hair.  You should notice results in at least seven days.
After taking a shower and using it, my hair didn't feel dry at all.  It felt a bit more nourished, and it didn't have that heavy sort of feel to it.   After these two bottles are finished I will more than likely pick up bottles of it. Average price $4.99 - $5.99


The last item within the box is the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 that contains a 12-hour moisturizer while out in the sun  This lotion sunscreen nourishes and pampers your skin while give you a broad spectrum from UV rays protection.  It comes in SPF 12, 30, and 50. 
So we brought it on our little picnic and walk at a local lake.  Thank you loads to my hubs who was my hand model of the day haha.  I think the ribbon formula swirls inside the bottle make the actual bottle look more pretty.  It has an 80 minutes in the water resistant.  If you use it at the beach or pool, make sure to reapply every 80 minutes.  After applying some to my arm, it does not leave your skin feeling greasy.  The scent is semi-light but has that sunscreen sort of smell.  I am not really fond of sunscreen sort of smell in general.  But I enjoy that it helps protect and moisturize the skin.


I had fun testing out these products from Influenster, and would like to say thank you allowing me the chance to get the VoxBox.  It's a wonderful program that is free, and you have to fill out surveys.  With those they will let you know if you qualify or not for their box.  


Have you received a VoxBox before?  Did you get a summer one?  What was your favorite item from it?